18 December, 2008

Quilty goodness

Actually I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a quilt per se, I haven't pieced it or anything. It's more like a tied something-or-other, but not with ties!

Quilt1

Whatever it is, I'm quite pleased with it, particularly the binding which I made myself! It's not quite as intense a colour in reality, and it matches the pink side perfectly and the blue side ok, which is probably all you can really hope for I guess.

Quilt 2

I used the printable fabric sheets to make up a label for the quilt à lá
Last Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
and I was so impressed with the quality of printing! I was expecting it to be a bit fuzzy around the edges but it's crispy and the colours are perfect. The Epson inks seem to be be colourfast as well, I didn't have any run or fading after washing or ironing. It's certainly an argument against going for cheaper refilled ink cartridges, although to be honest how often am I going to be printing this kind of thing?

Label closeup

After that was done it was straight on to Mum's boxy little pouch. Amy Butler fabric in Lotus (from memory)

Boxy pouch

and lined with some old silk I made a shirt from years ago. I love being able to use up old fabrics like that, justifies my keeping everything!

Pouch inside

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, very lovely, all of it! What does your mum want with the boxey bag?

    I used your messenger bag today for my new laptop, and it worked well. Too bad I don't ride a bike anymore ... now I want a tote. Please put that on your list of things to make when you're bedridden and bored.

    I need to take a picture of the messenger bag first though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails