09 May, 2009

Slightly more organised

I came across this post at Design Sponge back in March and knew I'd found the answer to this:

the top drawer of my desk. Now this drawer is full of wonderful and useful things (and about a million pens) but I spend a lot of time rifling through it muttering "I know it's in here". Thanks to Design Sponge it now looks like this:


I should totally enter it in some sort of before and after contest! I still have about a million pens (I'm not a pen thief honest!) but all of them work and they're separate from the pencils and markers. There are a couple of problems with the divider sizes, like I can't really access the back two easily, and there's nowhere for my rulers to go, but man it gives me a shock of pleasure and surprise every time I open it up! Plus I got rid of the child-proof catch on it which Hazel figured out long ago. I covered the cardboard with this very pretty paper a book came wrapped in from Borders. I need to go back and see if they sell it because it's heavier than printer paper and would be sturdy enough to do all sorts of fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, now I am stalking your blog....you'll never get rid of me......

    I love projects like this. I like the paper you used to cover the divider- nice touch. It feels so good to be organized like this. And thanks for the link to Design Sponge.

    You do have a lot of pens. It is the opposite here we never can find one......

    Can't wait till your next post! Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails