07 October, 2009

Oh how sweet!


Ume Komachi 'Blossom', originally uploaded by Ansis68.

That's what I said when I opened up the package from Cotton and Cloud - not only did it contain my Ume-Komachi 'Blossom' fabric, but there were a couple of perfectly-matched zips (much closer in RL than they look in this photo) and a cute assortment of mismatched little white buttons. Suddenly the fabric has gone from "maybe a bag or a pillow" to "wouldn't a top look fabulous?" I'm going to have to ponder this a bit, but that's part of the fun isn't it. Does anyone have good patterns to suggest for tops?

Does this mean I'll have to learn how to put in an invisible zipper? Eeep!

ETA: in one of those perfect moments of internet timing, Kirin Notebook posted a tutorial on making cushions with an invisible zipper. And look, I've got fabric AND invisible zippers. Howzat!

4 comments:

  1. You can do the invisible zipper Jacqui! Just get the proper foot. They're only about $3 here in the states. I don't know what that translates to in the NZ, but it's totally worth every penny. I find them easier to install than regular zips, they're just a bigger pain to pull up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such gorgeous fabric, you'd have to be careful depending on what style of top you make, that you don't lose the impact of the gorgeous pattern, whereas on a pillow or bag say that will generally have largish, flat panels so you can appreciate the fabric in all its loveliness. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant packaging idea! And lovely fabric too.
    Sorry about the Tina mail - it's really creeping me out. I've never really understood the purpose of those things. do people REALLY respond, saying "oh wow, what a coincidence, I'm also looking for love and issues of geography and race matter not a jot etc". Wierd.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is amazing! A pillow will be lovely and zips really are easy. I like to line my pillows with muslin, it makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails