02 November, 2009

Embroidery WIP - win or fail?


Embroidery WIP, originally uploaded by Ansis68.

I'm really unsure about this embroidery. I think I've chosen the wrong colour for the linen - it needs to be much much lighter, or maybe red (and another pattern!). Not that grey-tinged green, it just doesn't stand out enough. Or maybe it's ok, I don't know! It'll have 3 small blue flowers and one darker leaf, so maybe that'll save it... It's just so hard to continue with something you're unsure about, it's a lot of effort if I decide to not use it. Oh darn it! I guess I'll finish it but I'm doubtful about its overall effect (and not in a fishing for compliments kind of way either!).

4 comments:

  1. I think it's definitely a win! But it just depends on what sort of a vibe you're going for. This is a soft, muted, delicate sort of embroidery with lots of tiny stitches that I think are just lovely.

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very restful looking, I like it. I guess it depends what plans you have for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I suppose I had more of a contrasty Tiny Happy (http://tinyhappy.typepad.com/tiny_happy/) look in mind. I just need to adjust my mental image! And maybe look for some lighter linen sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many times I've started things and not finished them because I wasn't liking the look of it. The times that I've felt like that and persevered I've usually been pleasantly surprised. I think you will be too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails